Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Talk about being happy and a ton of weight and worry off my shoulders.
It's done !!! She's moved to her permanent spot.

She quit on us three times , twice before i joined the convoy , once after.  But Jim got her started again each time without much trouble.
After the third time she ran like a champ, we had a hard time keeping up, 75 m/h down the highway.
 I guess it took a while to blow all the gunk out after years of sitting still.Motor sounds real good. I wouldn't be scared to take her on a trip after a good tune up.
But, that's not going to happen , so if she never starts again , that's OK too.

On the way we stopped at a Propane place and filled up the tank. I will be using it for the stove until its all gone, after that i will switch to electric.
Took a pic of her going down the highway in my rear view mirror
thats her, just a speck behind me , lol. 

We couldn't get her put exactly where shes going to be yet as the rain has softened up the ground enough to where she was starting to sink in . So we just left her sitting in the front yard for now until its dried up some.





But she is level  enough to where i can start working in there and even spend the night this weekend.

Jim handing me the keys. Thousand thanks to Jim and Glenda for making it possible. I owe you forever and ever.
Now the fun begins :)

4 comments:

  1. What kind and what year....My dad had a Superior...I'm guessing a 78 or 79

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind and what year....My dad had a Superior...I'm guessing a 78 or 79

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to chuckle with my hubby while reading your first lines. We used to have a mid-80's Southwind that looked very much like your photo and it used to throw it's fanbelt and stop on us quite often. Fun memories!

    ReplyDelete